Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Hooray for Palm Trees!

Note: And with that, I think I have lost control of my blog until we return to the US. A will be taking over for most posts! 

From Bohol 8-2

I am not a fan of being sedentary. When I am sitting “still”, I am often known to “bounce” as, Ms. Cupcake calls it. This need for activity is greatly exacerbated on vacation. My view is this – I paid all this money to get wherever I am, now I need to take advantage of it. Even if it is just a beach vacation, I generally feel the need to do something.

From Bohol 8-3

I am not sure that I have done less in a day in my life than today. And I have never been happier. Anda is simply heaven. We spent the whole day today at our mini-resort. It only has 15 rooms or so, almost all of which empty because it is off-season, laid out along the beach looking out into the ocean down to Mindinao. It was likely the most tranquil and relaxed I have ever been – and that is usually a pretty hard place for me to get to. The peace here is difficult to put into words, so I only hope that it comes through in the pictures.

From Bohol 8-3

We tried to go snorkeling, but the choppy water did not permit. Oh well – instead we just stared out at the beautiful palm trees, white sand beach and ocean. We let the strong breeze cool us, watched the local fishermen row by in the small boats and applauded the villagers climbing the palm trees for coconuts. It was as perfect a tropical day as you could imagine.

From Bohol 8-3

As it ends now, I am really sorry that this is it for our Philippines adventure. I have decided definitively that we will be back. The people are wonderful and friendly, the food (fried lechon and pork adobo below) is tasty and you can do as much (or as little) in a day as you like.

From Bohol 8-3

Next time I may even ride in a Jeepney…


From Bohol 8-3

1 comment:

  1. The Philippines, indeed, has a way of sneaking up on you. Been back a few times, always on a new island. The only place in SEAsia where I don't need to fight for my own little piece of paradise, even if it's just the size of a beach towel.

    So, be back because you still have 7,105 islands to go to!

    ReplyDelete